Looking for some family-friendly activities to enjoy in Jacksonville, Florida this summer with the kids (or for just us big kids)? Look no further! From outdoor adventures and water fun to educational experiences, Jacksonville, FL has plenty to offer. We’ve compiled a list of 99 exciting things to do with your kids this summer in Jacksonville. Explore the categories below and start planning your summer fun!
1. Visit Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park is a beautiful coastal park that offers a wide range of outdoor activities. Enjoy swimming, fishing, hiking, biking, or simply relaxing on the beach.
2. Explore the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens is a must-visit destination for animal lovers. Discover a variety of fascinating creatures and explore beautifully landscaped gardens.
3. Go on a nature hike at Timucuan Preserve
Timucuan Preserve is a vast area of protected marshland and forests. Take your kids on a nature hike and learn about the diverse ecosystem and wildlife that call this area home.
4. Cool off at Shipwreck Island Waterpark
Beat the summer heat at Shipwreck Island Waterpark. Enjoy thrilling water slides, lazy rivers, and splash pads for the little ones.
5. Visit Tree Hill Nature Center
Explore the wonders of nature at Tree Hill Nature Center. Take a leisurely walk on the nature trails, visit the butterfly house, and learn about local wildlife through interactive exhibits.
Educational Fun Things To Do
6. Discover the Museum of Science and History (MOSH)
MOSH offers interactive exhibits, educational programs, and a planetarium. Engage your kids in hands-on learning experiences and explore the wonders of science, history, and astronomy.
7. Learn about marine life at the Museum of Science and History (MOSH)
MOSH’s Bryan-Gooding Planetarium features immersive shows that take you on a journey through the cosmos. Sit back, relax, and learn about the wonders of our universe.
8. Explore the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens
Expose your children to the world of art at the Cummer Museum. Explore a diverse collection of artwork and enjoy the beautiful gardens overlooking the St. Johns River.
9. Dive into history at the Kingsley Plantation
Step back in time and visit the Kingsley Plantation, an 18th-century estate that provides a glimpse into Florida’s history. Take a guided tour and learn about the lives of those who lived and worked on the plantation.
10. Discover science at the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)
MOCA Jacksonville features contemporary art exhibits that are sure to inspire your children’s creativity. Engage in thought-provoking discussions and explore the ever-changing world of art.
Newest Homes on the Market in Jacksonville
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Entertainment and Amusement
11. Enjoy a day at Adventure Landing
Adventure Landing is a family entertainment center offering mini-golf, go-karts, laser tag, and an arcade. Spend a fun-filled day competing and enjoying various activities.
12. Play games at Dave & Buster’s
Dave & Buster’s is an exciting destination for kids and adults alike. Enjoy a variety of arcade games, virtual reality experiences, and delicious food.
13. Watch a family-friendly show at the Alhambra Theatre & Dining
The Alhambra Theatre & Dining offers dinner theater experiences for the whole family. Enjoy a delicious meal while being entertained by talented performers.
14. Go bowling at Latitude 30
Get your family together for a bowling night at Latitude 30. Enjoy a game or two, grab some delicious food, and explore the arcade and billiards.
15. Experience the Jacksonville Symphony
Introduce your kids to the enchanting world of classical music by attending a performance by the Jacksonville Symphony. Enjoy the beautiful melodies and the talent of the musicians.
Sports and Recreation
16. Watch a Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp baseball game
Cheer on the local minor league baseball team, the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp, at their home stadium. Enjoy a classic baseball experience with your family.
17. Go on a family bike ride along the Jacksonville-Baldwin Rail Trail
The Jacksonville-Baldwin Rail Trail offers a scenic route for biking with the family. Enjoy the beautiful nature views as you pedal along the trail.
18. Play a round of disc golf at Fore Palms Disc Golf Course
Fore Palms Disc Golf Course is a great place for a family-friendly game of disc golf. Challenge each other and see who can complete the course with the fewest throws.
19. Have a picnic at Friendship Fountain Park
Pack a picnic and head to Friendship Fountain Park, a lovely waterfront park with scenic views. Enjoy a meal together while watching the fountain’s mesmerizing water display.
20. Go kayaking or paddleboarding on the St. Johns River
Rent kayaks or paddleboards and explore the St. Johns River with your kids. Enjoy a peaceful day on the water and take in the beautiful natural surroundings.
Cultural and Historical Sites and Things to do
21. Visit the Beaches Museum & History Park
Learn about the history and culture of Jacksonville’s beach communities at the Beaches Museum. Explore exhibits, artifacts, and interactive displays that bring the past to life.
22. Discover the history of the Jacksonville Fire Museum
Take a trip to the Jacksonville Fire Museum and learn about the city’s firefighting history. Explore antique fire engines and interactive exhibits that educate and entertain.
23. Tour the Kingsley Plantation
Immerse yourself in history with a guided tour of the Kingsley Plantation. Learn about the lives of enslaved people and the complexities of plantation life in the 1800s.
24. Explore the Mandarin Museum and Historical Society
The Mandarin Museum offers a glimpse into the history of the Mandarin neighborhood. Discover the area’s rich heritage through exhibits, photographs, and artifacts.
25. Step back in time at the Ritz Theatre and Museum
The Ritz Theatre and Museum celebrates African-American history, culture, and the performing arts. Explore exhibits that showcase the achievements of African-Americans throughout history.
Wondering how much your home could bring in today’s market? Find out instantly!
Parks and Playgrounds
26. Enjoy a day at Treaty Oak Park
Treaty Oak Park is home to a magnificent 250-year-old oak tree with a fascinating history. Bring a picnic blanket and spend a relaxing day under the shade of this ancient tree.
27. Play at the Jacksonville-Baldwin Playground
The Jacksonville-Baldwin Playground offers a variety of play structures, swings, and slides for children of all ages. Let your kids burn off some energy while enjoying the outdoor fun.
28. Visit Boone Park
Boone Park is a spacious park with lush greenery, walking trails, and a playground. Take a leisurely stroll, have a picnic, or let your kids enjoy the playground equipment.
29. Explore the Jacksonville Arboretum & Gardens
The Jacksonville Arboretum & Gardens is a nature preserve with over 3 miles of trails to explore. Enjoy a family hike and admire the diverse plant life and wildlife.
30. Have a family outing at Ed Austin Regional Park
Ed Austin Regional Park features a playground, walking trails, picnic areas, and sports fields. Spend a day enjoying outdoor activities and bonding with your family.
Beach and Water Activities
31. Spend a day at Jacksonville Beach
Head to Jacksonville Beach and soak up the sun on the sandy shores. Build sandcastles, swim in the ocean, and enjoy beachside activities with your kids.
32. Go fishing at the Jacksonville Beach Fishing Pier
Cast your line at the Jacksonville Beach Fishing Pier and try your luck at catching a fish. Enjoy the ocean breeze and panoramic views as you bond with your family.
33. Take a dolphin-watching cruise
Embark on a dolphin-watching cruise and spot these playful creatures in their natural habitat. It’s a thrilling and educational experience that the whole family will enjoy.
34. Visit the Adventure Landing Shipwreck Island Waterpark
Adventure Landing’s Shipwreck Island Waterpark offers water slides, pools, and splash areas for a day of refreshing fun in the sun. Cool off and make lasting memories with your kids.
35. Try stand-up paddleboarding at Hanna Park
Rent stand-up paddleboards at Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park and try this exciting water sport. Glide along the calm waters and enjoy the scenic beauty of the park.
Arts and Crafts
36. Create art at The Art Garage
The Art Garage offers art classes and workshops for kids of all ages. Unleash your children’s creativity as they paint, draw, and craft their own masterpieces.
37. Participate in a pottery workshop at Jacksonville Clay Target Sports
Join a pottery workshop at Jacksonville Clay Target Sports and learn the art of shaping clay. Let your kids explore their artistic side and take home their handmade creations.
38. Make jewelry at Hammer & Stain
Hammer & Stain offers jewelry-making workshops where your kids can design and create their own unique accessories. Let their creativity shine as they hammer and paint their way to stylish pieces.
39. Explore the art galleries in the Riverside Avondale Historic District
Take a stroll through the Riverside Avondale Historic District and visit the various art galleries showcasing local and regional artwork. Inspire your children’s appreciation for art as you explore together.
40. Join a painting class at Wine & Canvas
Wine & Canvas offers family-friendly painting classes where you and your kids can create beautiful works of art. Follow the step-by-step instructions and unleash your inner Picasso.
Science and Technology
41. Visit the Museum of Science and History (MOSH) Science & Discovery Center
The Science & Discovery Center at MOSH is a hands-on learning experience for kids. Engage in interactive exhibits, experiments, and demonstrations that make science fun and educational.
42. Explore the hands-on exhibits at the Museum of Science and History (MOSH) JEA PowerPlay Center
The JEA PowerPlay Center at MOSH offers interactive exhibits that teach children about energy, electricity, and conservation. Let your kids learn through play in this engaging space.
43. Join a coding workshop at the Bryan-Gooding Planetarium
The Bryan-Gooding Planetarium at MOSH offers coding workshops for kids interested in computer programming. Introduce your children to the world of coding and watch their creativity come to life.
44. Learn about marine life at the Jacksonville Marine Science Center
The Jacksonville Marine Science Center provides an educational experience focused on marine life and ecosystems. Explore interactive exhibits, touch tanks, and learn about conservation efforts.
45. Visit the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) ArtExplorum
The MOCA ArtExplorum is a space designed for children to explore and interact with contemporary art. Engage in hands-on activities and let your kids express their creativity.
Festivals and Special Events
46. Attend the Jacksonville Lantern Parade
Join the magical Jacksonville Lantern Parade, where participants carry illuminated lanterns through the streets. It’s a mesmerizing spectacle that your children will remember for years to come.
47. Celebrate at the Jacksonville Jazz Festival
The Jacksonville Jazz Festival is an annual event featuring live music, food vendors, and activities for the whole family. Enjoy the vibrant atmosphere and introduce your kids to the world of jazz.
48. Experience the Riverside Arts Market
The Riverside Arts Market is a weekly market showcasing local artists, craftsmen, and farmers. Enjoy live music, delicious food, and a variety of unique products while exploring the vibrant community atmosphere.
49. Join the Jacksonville Science Festival
The Jacksonville Science Festival is a celebration of science and innovation. Attend interactive exhibits, demonstrations, and workshops that spark curiosity and inspire young minds.
50. Attend a performance at the Florida Theatre
The historic Florida Theatre hosts a variety of family-friendly shows, including concerts, musicals, and plays. Check their schedule and treat your family to a memorable live performance.
51. Visit the Hands-On Children’s Museum
The Hands-On Children’s Museum is a place where kids can explore, learn, and play. With interactive exhibits and educational activities, it’s the perfect destination for a day of indoor fun.
52. Enjoy a game of laser tag at Batt Family Fun Center
Batt Family Fun Center offers laser tag, arcade games, and mini-bowling. Challenge your kids to an action-packed game of laser tag and see who emerges victorious.
53. Jump around at Jumpstreet Indoor Trampoline Park
Jumpstreet Indoor Trampoline Park is a paradise for kids who love to bounce. With trampolines, foam pits, and dodgeball courts, it’s a guaranteed day of high-flying fun.
54. Solve puzzles at The Great Escape Room
Put your family’s problem-solving skills to the test at The Great Escape Room. Work together to solve puzzles, find clues, and escape within the given time limit.
55. Play arcade games at Rebounderz Indoor Trampoline and Arcade Park
Rebounderz offers not only trampolines but also an arcade filled with classic and modern games. Take a break from bouncing and enjoy some friendly competition in the arcade.
56. Visit the Jacksonville Beach Pier Aquarium
The Jacksonville Beach Pier Aquarium is a small but fascinating attraction where your kids can learn about local marine life. See and touch various species of fish and invertebrates.
57. Feed giraffes at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
Experience a close encounter with giraffes at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. Feed these gentle giants and create unforgettable memories with your children.
58. Visit the Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary during feeding time
Experience the thrill of feeding time at the Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary. Watch as the big cats eagerly devour their meals and learn about their feeding habits from knowledgeable staff.
59. Take a boat tour to see manatees in the wild
Embark on a boat tour and venture into the waters to observe manatees in their natural habitat. Learn about these gentle sea creatures and the importance of their conservation.
60. Interact with dolphins at Marineland Dolphin Adventure
At Marineland Dolphin Adventure, your family can participate in interactive programs and swim with dolphins. Experience the magic of these intelligent marine mammals up close.
61. Visit Sweet Pete’s Candy Shop
Sweet Pete’s Candy Shop is a paradise for kids with a sweet tooth. Explore the candy wonderland, take candy-making classes, and indulge in delicious treats.
62. Enjoy an ice cream treat at Dreamette
Cool down with a delicious ice cream cone from Dreamette. This local ice cream shop offers a wide variety of flavors and toppings to satisfy any craving.
63. Explore the Jacksonville Farmers Market
Take a trip to the Jacksonville Farmers Market and introduce your kids to the world of fresh produce and local vendors. Sample seasonal fruits, vegetables, and other delicious goodies.
64. Visit the Ale Trail breweries
For the parents who appreciate craft beer, explore the breweries along the Jacksonville Ale Trail. Sample unique brews while enjoying the lively atmosphere.
65. Treat yourself to homemade fudge at Peterbrooke Chocolatier
Peterbrooke Chocolatier is famous for its delectable homemade fudge. Let your kids choose their favorite flavors and indulge in this sweet treat.
66. Visit the historic town of St. Augustine
Take a day trip to St. Augustine, the oldest continuously occupied European-established settlement in the United States. Explore historic sites, visit the Castillo de San Marcos, and enjoy the charm of this beautiful town.
67. Explore the natural wonders of Amelia Island
Head to Amelia Island and enjoy its pristine beaches, nature trails, and charming downtown area. Take a boat tour, go kayaking, or simply relax on the sandy shores.
68. Discover the Okefenokee Swamp
Embark on an adventure to the Okefenokee Swamp, located just north of Jacksonville. Take a boat tour or explore the trails and boardwalks to observe the unique wildlife and ecosystem of this fascinating swamp.
69. Visit the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
Plan a trip to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex and learn about space exploration. Explore interactive exhibits, view historic spacecraft, and even meet astronauts.
70. Enjoy the rides and attractions at Orlando’s theme parks
Take a day trip to Orlando, which is just a few hours’ drive from Jacksonville, and experience the excitement of world-renowned theme parks like Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort, or SeaWorld Orlando.
More Outdoor Adventures
71. Take a family bike ride along the Jacksonville-Baldwin Rail Trail
Enjoy a scenic bike ride on the Jacksonville-Baldwin Rail Trail. The trail offers beautiful views of nature and is perfect for a family adventure.
72. Go on a wildlife safari at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
Embark on a wildlife safari at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. Explore different animal exhibits and learn about wildlife conservation efforts.
73. Have a picnic and fly kites at Huguenot Memorial Park
Spend a day at Huguenot Memorial Park, where you can have a picnic on the beach and fly kites in the open sky.
74. Explore the beautiful trails at Big Talbot Island State Park
Big Talbot Island State Park offers scenic trails and breathtaking views. Take a family hike and discover the natural beauty of the area.
75. Visit Little Talbot Island State Park for a beach day
Head to Little Talbot Island State Park and enjoy a day of sun, sand, and surf. Build sandcastles, go for a swim, and soak up the coastal atmosphere.
Are you looking to buy a home in the near future?
Be sure to get this home buyer’s guide. It’s full of helpful tips and advice to help you be prepared and know what to expect. And it’s FREE!
Click on the picture to get your FREE Home Buyer’s Guide!
More Educational Experiences
76. Discover the maritime history at the Jacksonville Maritime Museum
Explore the rich maritime history of Jacksonville at the Jacksonville Maritime Museum. Learn about shipwrecks, naval battles, and the city’s connection to the sea.
77. Visit the Museum of Southern History
Learn about the history and culture of the American South at the Museum of Southern History. Discover artifacts and exhibits that showcase the region’s unique heritage.
78. Explore the Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum
Step into the Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum and explore a vast collection of rare documents and manuscripts. Learn about historical figures and events through original writings.
79. Visit the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) ArtLab
MOCA’s ArtLab is an interactive space where kids can engage with contemporary art through hands-on activities and art-making workshops.
80. Take a guided tour of the Fort Caroline National Memorial
Explore the history of the French colonization in Florida at the Fort Caroline National Memorial. Take a guided tour and learn about the struggles and triumphs of early European settlers.
More Entertainment and Amusement
81. Play laser tag and arcade games at Velocity Air Sports
Visit Velocity Air Sports for a thrilling laser tag experience and enjoy the arcade games available for all ages.
82. Enjoy a family-friendly show at the Florida Theatre
The Florida Theatre hosts a variety of family-friendly performances, including concerts, comedies, and theatrical productions. Check the schedule for upcoming shows suitable for kids.
83. Have a fun day at Batt Family Fun Center
Batt Family Fun Center offers bowling, arcade games, laser tag, and more. Spend a fun-filled day engaging in various activities with your family.
84. Experience virtual reality at VR Junkies
Immerse yourselves in the world of virtual reality at VR Junkies. Try out different virtual reality games and experiences for an unforgettable adventure.
85. Visit the Autobahn Indoor Speedway
Feel the thrill of indoor go-kart racing at the Autobahn Indoor Speedway. Challenge your family members to a race and see who emerges as the champion.
More Cultural and Historical Sites
86. Explore the Museum of African American History
Learn about the rich history and contributions of African Americans at the Museum of African American History. Explore exhibits and artifacts that tell powerful stories.
87. Take a historical tour of the Mandarin Museum & Historical Society
Learn about the history of the Mandarin neighborhood through a guided tour at the Mandarin Museum & Historical Society. Discover stories of early settlers and local traditions.
88. Visit the Museum of Science and History (MOSH) Currents of Time
Explore Jacksonville’s local history at MOSH’s Currents of Time exhibit. Discover how the city has evolved over time and learn about its unique cultural heritage.
89. Learn about aviation at the Cecil Spaceport and Aerospace Academy
Visit the Cecil Spaceport and Aerospace Academy and learn about aviation and space exploration. Engage in hands-on activities and experience the excitement of flight.
90. Explore the Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum of the Bible
Discover the fascinating history of the Bible at the Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum of the Bible. See ancient manuscripts and artifacts that bring biblical stories to life.
More Parks and Playgrounds
91. Play at the Kids Kampus Playground
Kids Kampus Playground offers a variety of play structures, swings, and slides for children to enjoy. Let your little ones run, climb, and have fun in this vibrant playground.
92. Visit the Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park
Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park offers playgrounds, picnic areas, and nature trails. Spend a day enjoying the outdoors and exploring the park’s natural beauty.
93. Have a family day at the Ortega Park
Ortega Park features a playground, sports fields, and a fishing pier. Enjoy a picnic, play sports, or simply relax in this family-friendly park.
94. Explore the Walter Jones Historical Park
Walter Jones Historical Park is a beautiful riverside park with historical buildings and nature trails. Take a leisurely walk and learn about the area’s rich history.
95. Visit the Tree Hill Nature Center’s Butterfly Hollow
Experience the enchantment of Butterfly Hollow at Tree Hill Nature Center. Observe colorful butterflies and learn about their life cycle in this serene natural habitat.
Pool Homes For Sale!! Beat the heat!
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
More Beach and Water Activities
96. Go paddleboarding or kayaking at Hanna Park
Rent paddleboards or kayaks and enjoy the calm waters of Hanna Park. Explore the park’s scenic lake and create unforgettable water adventures.
97. Have a beach bonfire at Atlantic Beach
Gather your family and friends for a beach bonfire at Atlantic Beach. Roast marshmallows, share stories, and enjoy the cozy ambiance of a beachside bonfire.
98. Take a boat tour along the St. Johns River
Embark on a boat tour along the scenic St. Johns River. Enjoy the beauty of the river and spot wildlife while cruising through Jacksonville’s waterways.
99. Visit the Jacksonville Beach Fishing Pier for fishing and ocean views
Cast a line and try your luck at fishing on the Jacksonville Beach Fishing Pier. Enjoy panoramic views of the ocean and spend quality time with your family by the water.
Whether you’re seeking outdoor adventures, educational experiences, cultural outings, or simply fun-filled activities, Jacksonville, Florida, has something to offer for everyone. Explore the categories and start planning your summer adventures with the kids, or just something fun to do! Create lasting memories and enjoy all the wonders this vibrant city has to offer!