Are you hoping to sell your home quickly and for the best possible price? Curb appeal can be one of the key factors in making an impression on potential buyers. But think about it differently, think about “curb appeal” for the entire house! Here are seven easy ways you can make your home stand out and boost curb appeal:
1. Follow the 50% rule: Clear at least 50% of items from flat surfaces like kitchen and bathroom counters, bookshelves, and dressers. A clutter-free home projects a sense that there is plenty of storage space.
2. Thin out closets: Overstuffed closets may suggest inadequate storage space – pack away items you won’t need for now and free up some room.
3. Create neutral environment: Remove personal items like family photos and children’s artwork – this helps potential buyers visualize themselves in the property more easily.
4. Brighten up: Ensure your lighting fixtures are in working order, with bright light bulbs that create a welcoming atmosphere both inside and outside your home.
5. Invest in bathrooms/kitchen: Refresh dated bathroom vanities with coats of semi-gloss enamel in trendy colors – also consider upgrading faucets, drawer pulls, and adding new stainless steel appliances to your kitchen where it makes sense.
6. Paint walls: Give a fresh coat of warm neutral paint to your home to give it a modern look while brightening up each room with white ceilings (which make them appear larger).
7. Check for hidden issues: Make sure there are no issues like mold, mildew, musty odors, leaks or pests that could turn off potential buyers; also ensure smoke detectors are functioning properly for safety reasons too!
Finally, finish off by adding decor or scents such as fresh flowers or plants, essential oils or freshly baked cookies (avoiding odorous foods!) – that final touch will make all the difference! Selling a home takes effort but these quick fixes will help create a showplace that potential buyers will love! And if you need further assistance getting your house sold, don’t hesitate to reach out to me for additional help.
Want more information about selling your house? Download my FREE Seller’s Guide here!